It’s time to bury yourself in the mess of tape, ribbons, wrapping paper and don’t forget the frustration that is gift wrapping!
To help reduce the amount of frustration here are a few wrapping tips to make your gift look beautiful with ease.
- First, wrap your gift on a hard surface! I know it’s tempting to sit on the floor and veg out while you’re wrapping but it causes wrinkles and takes much longer!
- Tip number two, use double sided tape! It will help decrease the sightly sores of regular scotch tape and will speed things up drastically! If you don’t have tape you can use decorative stickers instead!
- Forgot Wrapping Paper?! Use paper bags from a grocery store and use markers, pens, or stamps to help decorate your gift and make it more festive!
Found on: http://acreativemint.typepad.com/a_creative_mint/2010/12/trader-joes-a-little-red.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+acreativemint+%28a+creative+mint%29
Need a box but don’t have one? Follow these steps to turn a cereal box into a gift box!
- Hot glue gun with glue
- A cereal box
- Cut the box down the side that doesn’t have the tab on it
- Fold the box in half (hot dog style) the folds don’t have to be exact
- Fold the bottom half in half and cut the down the first fold on the right and left
- Fold only the middle section of the top half in half
- Cut away what you don’t need-cuts don’t need to be exact
- Glue down the front flap
- Glue down the sides
- Glue the back
- Hooray! –You’re done gluing
- Fold the Lid
- Finish the box by painting it, drawing on it, stickers, etc.
Found on: http://www.instructables.com/id/Gift-Box-from-a-Cereal-Box/?ALLSTEPS
Lose all of your gift tags? Don’t worry, you’ve got options!
- Use the A Beautiful Mess app ($0.99) to add “to” and “from” to your own Instagram photos to transform them into print-ready gift tags!
- Create your own with paper and scissors
- Draw a gift tag directly on the wrapping papers
Feeling creative and missing ribbon or bows? Follow this step by step process to create festive bows out of magazine paper!
- Now that you’re done with the wrapping paper, store it all in one place that is not in the niches of your closet! Use a vertical gift wrap organizer ($13.99, The Container Store) or even a garment bag to reduce clutter for storage.
Happy Wrapping from Your At Home Team!